Monday 8 July 2013

The Word: Redamancy

Dictionary definition: The act of loving in return.

Use in a sentence: Despite his lack of redamancy her passion for him was unabated for several years.

Don’t you love when you find a word that lifts your spirits? I had a long chat with a “friend” last night and things have been sitting shaky for a while but, after this convo I felt I understood things better and this morning I heard a song that encapsulated my entire state of being then stumbled upon this word, now I have no idea where its origins lie or anything like that and some dictionaries don’t even list this word but I instantly fell in love with it.
I love words and this one word has managed to cement that for me.


Thank you to the creators of the English language!

No comments:

Post a Comment